[Rdo-list] Working with RDO Manager

Marius Cornea mcornea at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 16:34:56 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Yes, you can use virt-customize provided by libguestfs-tools:
virt-customize -a image.qcow2 --run-command 'yum install -y something'

> * Issue #2: Configure Ceph Disks to use additional partitions
> Is there an easy way to tell the image to install the OS in one partition and
> to install the ceph nodes into each additional HDD? Im kinda lost here. Any
> help is welcomed.

There are some instructions for this on the downstream Director documentation. See section 6.3.5 in
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_OpenStack_Platform/7/html/Director_Installation_and_Usage/

> * Issue #3: Encrypt Network communications
> The idea is to encrypt all traffic on the endpoints of the nodes. This is a
> configuration that needs to be performed in all nodes, so I understand that
> the best way to accomplish this is to follow the documentation here, right?
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/extra_config.html#making-configuration-changes

It's not clear to me what kind of encryption you would like to achieve here, something like SSL connectivity for the Openstack endpoints?