[Rdo-list] RDO blog posts you missed while celebrating the new year

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 16:12:32 UTC 2016

Happy 2016! A lot of us have been out over the last few weeks, so the
blog traffic has been very slow. We're looking forward to the coming
months, as we work towards Mitaka.

Here's some of the blog posts you may have missed while you were
enjoying your New Years celebration:

Integrating classic IT with cloud-native by Gordon Haff

This is the fifth and final in a series of posts that delves deeper into
the questions that IDC’s Mary Johnston Turner and Gary Chen considered
in a recent IDC Analyst Connection. The fifth question asked:
What types of technologies are available to facilitate the integration
of multiple generations of infrastructure and applications as hybrid
cloud-native and conventional architectures evolve?

… read more at http://tm3.org/4e

RDO Community Day @ FOSDEM - Schedule announced by Rich Bowen

The schedule for RDO Community Day at FOSDEM is now available at
https://www.rdoproject.org/events/rdo-day-fosdem-2016/. Exact times are
not confirmed, but we should have those in the next few days.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4f

Ceph single node deployment on Fedora 23 by Daniel P. Berrangé

A little while back Cole documented a minimal ceph deployment on Fedora.
Unfortunately, since then the ‘mkcephfs’ command has been dropped in
favour of the ‘ceph-deploy’ tool. There’s various other blog posts
talking about ceph-deploy, but none of them had quite the right set of
commands to get a working single node deployment – the status would
always end up in “HEALTH_WARN” which is pretty much an error state for
ceph. After much trial & error I finally figured out the steps that work
on Fedora 23.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4g

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison