[Rdo-list] RDO blogs, week of February 29, 2016

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 29 17:33:58 UTC 2016

Here's what RDO enthusiasts have been blogging about in the last week:

Using a custom ssh config with Ansible’s synchronize module, by Harry
Rybacki

Have you ever needed to specify which ssh config file rsync should use
when called from Ansible’s synchronize module? I have and it was not
obvious how to do so.

… read more at http://tm3.org/52

RDO Mitaka 3 test day, March 10th, 11th by Rich Bowen

TL;DR:
Mitaka 3 test day, March 10, 11
On-site test day in Brno
Demo of deploying with TripleO

… read more at http://tm3.org/53

Keystone on Port 80 For Tripleo by Adam Young

Many services assume that Keystone listens on ports 5000 and 35357. I’d
prefer to have Keystone listen on the standard HTTP(s) ports of 80 and
443. We can’t remove the non-standard ports without a good deal of
rewriting. But there is nothing preventing us from running Keystone on
port 80 or 443 in addition to those ports.

… read more at http://tm3.org/54

Skydive : a real-time network analyzer by Sylvain Afchain

SDN solutions are complex and troubleshooting/monitoring them is even
harder. It seems that while we have a better way to automate the network
we lose visibility and operability. For example, in order to
troubleshoot an issue you have of to understand the network in general
but also to have a deep understanding of how the SDN solution is
implementing the network. And if you have multiple SDN solutions
deployed – with maybe nested SDN solutions like container network in VMs
– finding the root cause of an issue starts to be really hard.

… read more at http://tm3.org/55

David Moreau Simard at OpenStack Montreal (Video)

… watch at http://tm3.org/56

Hackery to get going RDO Kilo on Fedora 23 by Boris Derzhavets
Sequence of hacks required to get going RDO Kilo on Fedora 23 is caused
by existence of many areas where Nova has a hard dependency on Glance
v1. Per
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/mitaka/approved/use-glance-v2-api.html

… read more at http://tm3.org/57

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com