[Rdo-list] Deploying an HA dev environment with tripleo-quickstart

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Sat Feb 20 00:01:29 UTC 2016

On 02/19/2016 01:21 PM, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

> [...]

I think Lars has a page that describes this in good detail:
http://blog.oddbit.com/2016/02/19/deploy-an-ha-openstack-development-envir/

But the short answer to your question is to have a nodes.yml file that
looks like this:

extra_args: >-
  --ntp-server pool.ntp.org
baremetal_vm_xml: |
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'/>
libvirt_args: --libvirt-type kvm

# Set these to values appropriate for your target system.  You
# by default get three controllers, one compute node, and
# one ceph node (so this example has a memory footprint of
# 32GB, which is probably too much for a host with only
# 32GB of RAM).
control_memory: 8192
compute_memory: 4096
undercloud_vcpu: 2

url: file:///usr/share/quickstart_images/mitaka/undercloud.qcow2

overcloud_nodes:
  - name: control_0
    flavor: control

  - name: compute_0