[Rdo-list] How to set up EDP Pig jobs on Sahara Vanialla 2.7.1 Cluster (RDO Liberty ) ?

Ethan Gafford egafford at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 20:14:23 UTC 2016

Hi Boris,

One possible source of error in your script is that (at least in your paste here) your $OUTPUT variable seems to be misspelled ('$OUPUT').

If that's not the issue (and it might well not be, if that was only a typo in this mail,) then I fear that debugging Pig jobs is one of the roughest spots of Sahara at present. It looks, though, as though your job is being processed by grunt (the Pig interpreter, as all things must be cute and pig-related), and that the interpreter is failing to parse the job file, so the misspelling diagnosis does fit (if you're telling it to output to a nonexistent variable, that fits; the rest of your script looks syntactically correct to me and to my Lipstick equivalent.)

Could you check to see if this is a problem? If not, I can try to help you do a deeper dive.

Cheers,
Ethan