[Rdo-list] new delorean package: python-opentsdbclient

Dries Verachtert dries.verachtert at dries.eu
Thu Feb 11 21:24:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

Based on the packaging tutorial during the centos dojo in Brussels, I
tried to make a first rpm for some openstack package. The package is
python-opentsdbclient. To be honest, I don't know anything about
opentsdb: it's just the first package that I managed to fully package
in delorean.

Spec file: https://github.com/DriesVerachtert/python-opentsdbclient
Sources: https://github.com/openstack/python-opentsdbclient

It builds on my pc with delorean if I add the following in rdo.yml:

- project: opentsdbclient
  conf: client
  master-distgit: https://github.com/DriesVerachtert/python-opentsdbclient
  maintainers:
  - dries.verachtert at dries.eu

Could you please have a look and tell me what should be done
differently in such a spec file? Or is there a certain procedure to
follow to get feedback?

I remember that Haïkel and Alan mentioned some command to
automatically generate the correct requirements for the spec file, but
I didn't write it down during the tutorial... so those might still
need to be corrected. What's the best way to generate the spec
requirements from the requirements.txt?

Kind regards,
Dries