[Rdo-list] RDO, packstack, Keypair creation is failing

Barbara Pilbin barbara.pilbin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:34:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am a new list member, and I was trying to follow up with the thread that
John started concerning the keypair-add command failing.

I, too, receive the same failure message:

[root at myhostname ~(keystone_admin)]# nova keypair-add --pub_key
cloud.key.pub cloudkey
ERROR (BadRequest): Keypair data is invalid: failed to generate fingerprint
(HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-ac7961b3-b05e-40f8-a908-d8de7d4c36f1)

I did see that installed the system using the packstack --allinone command,
but I had forgotten to set the hostname. I have now done that, but I am
unable to find any other place that might be causing the problem.

I believe I have followed the entire thread on the rdo-list, and I am not
seeing a resolution. Does anyone know if or how the problem was solved?

Thank you very much for your time,
Barbara