[Rdo-list] [Softwarefactory-dev] Gitnetics integration, or how can we automate upstream changes polling

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 4 11:31:24 UTC 2016

I do not have the whole context, so this is just few comments:
1. we're trying to split the OPM behemoth and goal is to converge to
the point where we don't need any downstream patches.
2. until then, we can just use our own mirrors instead of upstream
3. depending how much time, it'll take, it would be worth considering
having vanilla puppet modules packages available for testing
Moreover associated w/ delorean, it will help us to catch glitches as
soon as puppet modules gets broken.
4. I don't like cherry-pick upstream commits on top of own branches,
it only encourage us to widen the gap with upstream.

If we aim to be the first (as in excellence) vanilla distribution of
OpenStack, no exception for puppet modules. If upstream model is
broken, for us, then fix it.
We've been working with Emilien (upstream Puppet Module PTL) to fix
upstream CI w/ RDO, so it's doable.

Regards,
H.