[rdo-list] RDO/OpenStack blog posts, week of Dec 5

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 19:49:28 UTC 2016

Here's what RDO enthusiasts have been blogging about in the past week.

ARA 0.10, the biggest release yet, is out ! by dmsimard

19 commits, 59 changed files, 2,404 additions and 588 deletions… and
more than a month’s on and off work.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cp

Upstream Contribution – Give Up or Double Down? by assafmuller

Ever since I’ve been involved with OpenStack people have been
complaining that upstream is hard. The number one complaint is that it
takes forever to get your patches merged. I thought I’d take a look at
some data and attempt to visualize it. I wrote some code that accepts an
OpenStack project and a list of contributors and spits out a bunch of
graphs.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cq

Recorded presentations from OpenStack Canada Day by dmsimard

OpenStack Days are sort of local mini one-day OpenStack summits.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cr

How to Install and Run Tempest by mkopec

Tempest is a set of integration tests to run against an OpenStack
cluster. In this blog I'm going to show you, how to install tempest from
git repository, how to install all requirements and run tests against an
OpenStack cluster.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cs

On communities: Empower humans to be amazing by Flavio Percoco

When it comes to communities, a system is the set of processes you put
in place

Read more at http://tm3.org/ct

How are you using RDO? (Survey results) by Rich Bowen

Over the last few weeks, we've been conducting a survey of RDO users, to
get an idea of who is using RDO, how, and for what.

Read more at http://tm3.org/ck

Testing composable upgrades by Carlos Camacho

This is a brief recipe about how I’m testing composable upgrades N->O.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cl

TripleO cheatsheet by Carlos Camacho

This is a cheatsheet some of my regularly used commands to test, develop
or debug TripleO deployments.

Read more at http://tm3.org/cm

JSON Home Tests and Keystone API changes by Adam Young

If you change the public signature of an API, or add a new API in
Keystone, there is a good chance the Tests that confirm JSON home layout
will break.  And that test is fairly unfriendly:  It compares a JSON doc
with another JSON doc, and spews out the entirety of both JSON docs,
without telling you which section breaks.  Here is how I deal with it:

Read more at http://tm3.org/cn

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org