[rdo-list] Python-shade in RDO

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 21:05:36 UTC 2016

> Can we get the packaging documentation modified to include an official
> policy on how the projects with the different release cycles are to be
> treated? I don't believe that projects with release:independent should
> be excluded from RDO, in fact, they definitely aren't because we package
> and ship rally as part of RDO and that uses release:independent.

Rally will also need to move into this new separate
release-independent RDO repo, looking at rally's requirements
updates[1] you can see it won't work with RDO stable releases.
I didn't mention excluding from RDO, just that it cannot be per-release repo.

Cheers,
Alan

[1] https://github.com/openstack/rally/commit/52fef00aefb7c7c48714e0c125aed342dbda7c07#diff-b4ef698db8ca845e5845c4618278f29a