[rdo-list] Recent RDO blog posts

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 18:26:22 UTC 2016

It's been a few weeks since I posted a blog update, and we've had some
great posts in the meantime. Here's what RDO enthusiasts have been
blogging about for the last few weeks.

*Native DHCP support in OVN* by Numan Siddique

    Recently native DHCP support has been added to OVN. In this post we
    will see how native DHCP is supported in OVN and how it is used by
    OpenStack Neutron OVN ML2 driver. The code which supports native
    DHCP can be found here.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8d

<http://tm3.org/8d>

*Manual validation of Cinder A/A patches* by Gorka Eguileor

    In the Cinder Midcycle I agreed to create some sort of document
    explaining the manual tests I’ve been doing to validate the work on
    Cinder’s Active-Active High Availability -as a starting point for
    other testers and for the automation of the tests- and writing a
    blog post was the most convenient way for me to do so, so here it is.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8e

<http://tm3.org/8e>

*Exploring YAQL Expressions* by Lars Kellogg-Stedman

    The Newton release of Heat adds support for a yaql intrinsic
    function, which allows you to evaluate yaql expressions in your Heat
    templates. Unfortunately, the existing yaql documentation is
    somewhat limited, and does not offer examples of many of yaql's more
    advanced features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8f

<http://tm3.org/8f>

*Tripleo HA Federation Proof-of-Concept* by Adam Young

    Keystone has supported identity federation for several releases. I
    have been working on a proof-of-concept integration of identity
    federation in a TripleO deployment. I was able to successfully login
    to Horizon via WebSSO, and want to share my notes.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8g

<http://tm3.org/8g>

*TripleO Deploy Artifacts (and puppet development workflow)* by Steve Hardy

    For a while now, TripleO has supported a "DeployArtifacts"
    interface, aimed at making it easier to deploy modified/additional
    files on your overcloud, without the overhead of frequently
    rebuilding images.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8h

<http://tm3.org/8h>

*TripleO deep dive session #6 (Overcloud - Physical network)* by Carlos
Camacho

    This is the sixth video from a series of “Deep Dive” sessions
    related to TripleO deployments.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8i

<http://tm3.org/8i>

*Improving QEMU security part 7: TLS support for migration* by Daniel
Berrange

    This blog is part 7 of a series I am writing about work I’ve
    completed over the past few releases to improve QEMU security
    related features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8j

<http://tm3.org/8j>

*Running Unit Tests on Old Versions of Keystone* by Adam Young

    Just because Icehouse is EOL does not mean no one is running it. One
    part of my job is back-porting patches to older versions of Keystone
    that my Company supports.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8k

<http://tm3.org/8k>

*BAND-AID for OOM issues with TripleO manual deployments* by Carlos Camacho

    First in the Undercloud, when deploying stacks you might find that
    heat-engine (4 workers) takes lot of RAM, in this case for specific
    usage peaks can be useful to have a swap file. In order to have this
    swap file enabled and used by the OS execute the following
    instructions in the Undercloud:

… read more at http://tm3.org/8l

<http://tm3.org/8l>

*Debugging submissions errors in TripleO CI* by Carlos Camacho

    Landing upstream submissions might be hard if you are not passing
    all the CI jobs that try to check that your code actually works.
    Let’s assume that CI is working properly without any kind of infra
    issue or without any error introduced by mistake from other
    submissions. In which case, we might ending having something like:

… read more at http://tm3.org/8m

<http://tm3.org/8m>

*Ceph, TripleO and the Newton release* by Giulio Fidente

    Time to roll up some notes on the status of Ceph in TripleO. The
    majority of these functionalities were available in the Mitaka
    release too but the examples work with code from the Newton release
    so they might not apply identical to Mitaka.

… read more at http://tm3.org/8n

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org