[rdo-list] Is Keystone/Identity-v3 supported by RDO Packstack? Multi-node swift --answer-file?

Taisto Qvist taisto.qvist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:57:40 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I've managed to create a fairly well working packstack-answer file, that I
used for liberty installations, with a 4-multi-node setup, eventually
handling nested kvm, live-migration, LBAAS, etc, so I am quite happy with
that.

Now, my aim is Identity v3. From the packstack answer-file, it seems
supported, but I cant get it to work. I couldnt get it to work with
liberty, and now testing with Mitaka, it still doesnt work, failing on:

ERROR : Error appeared during Puppet run: 10.9.24.100_cinder.pp
Error: Could not prefetch cinder_type provider 'openstack': Execution of
'/usr/bin/openstack volume type list --quiet --format csv --long' returned
1: Expecting to find domain in project - the server could not comply with
the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect. The client
is assumed to be in error. (HTTP 400) (Request-ID:
req-d8cccfb9-c060-4cdd-867d-603bf70ebf24)

I think this is also the same error I got, during my liberty tests.

Has anyone got this working? Should it work?

Another this which I just tested briefly, was to have swift-services on
separate nodes(instead of on the controller, as I have now), but I couldnt
get the syntax correct.

Anyone have an answer-file example that configures multiple swift-nodes?

Many Thanks,
Taisto Qvist