[rdo-list] Instack-virt-setup vs TripleO QuickStart in regards of managing HA PCS/Corosync cluster via pcs CLI

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 11:29:38 UTC 2016

________________________________
From: Raoul Scarazzini <rasca at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 3:51 AM
To: Wesley Hayutin; Boris Derzhavets; Attila Darazs
Cc: David Moreau Simard; rdo-list
Subject: Re: [rdo-list] Instack-virt-setup vs TripleO QuickStart in regards of managing HA PCS/Corosync cluster via pcs CLI

Hi everybody,
sorry for the late response but I was on PTO. I don't understand the
meaning of the cleanup commands, but maybe it's just because I'm not
getting the whole picture.

I have to confirm that fault was mine PCS CLI is working on TripeO QuickStart
but requires pcs cluster restart on particular node which  went down
via ` nova stop controller-X`  and was brought up via `nova start controller-X`
Details here :-

http://bderzhavets.blogspot.ru/2016/08/emulation-rdo-triple0-quickstart-ha.html

VENV been set up with instack-virt-setup doesn't require ( on bounced Controller node )

# pcs cluster stop
# pcs cluster start

Before issuing start.sh

#!/bash -x
pcs resource cleanup rabbitmq-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup neutron-server-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup openstack-nova-api-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup openstack-nova-consoleauth-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup openstack-heat-engine-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup openstack-cinder-api-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup openstack-glance-registry-clone ;
sleep 10
pcs resource cleanup httpd-clone ;

# .  ./start.sh

In worse case scenario I have to issue start.sh   twice from different Controllers
pcs resource cleanup openstack-nova-api-clone  attempts to start corresponding
service , which is down at the moment.  In fact two cleanups above start all
Nova Services   && one neutron cleanup starts all neutron agents as well.
I was also kept   track of Galera DB via `clustercheck`

Thanks.
Boris

I guess we're hitting a version problem here: if you deploy the actual
master (i.e. with quickstart) you'll get the environment with the
constraints limited to the core services because of [1] and [2] (so none
of the mentioned services exists in the cluster configuration).

Hope this helps,

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314208/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/342650/

--