[rdo-list] tripleo-quickstart, undercloud/overcloud-post roles removal and quickstart-role-requirements deprecation

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 20:00:43 UTC 2016

Greetings,

In order to replace instack-virt-setup [1] the undercloud-post and
overcloud roles native to quickstart will be removed. As to not impact
current users of TripleO-Quickstart these roles will be moved w/ git
history into ansible-role-tripleo-overcloud and
ansible-role-tripleo-undercloud-post.  This was covered in the latest
RDO-Infra meeting [3].

Moving the native quickstart roles may impact the current users of these
roles. To prevent anything from breaking we will be pinning the
undercloud-post and overcloud roles to the latest known good commit [2].

We'll need [2] merged immediately to begin this work.  I will keep the list
updated, let me know if anyone has a problem.

Thanks!

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-quickstart
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356669/
[3] https://review.rdoproject.org/etherpad/p/rdo-infra-scrum lines 58 - 69