[rdo-list] Overcloud pacemaker services restart behavior causes downtime

Ilja Maslov imaslov at dispersivegroup.com
Thu Aug 4 15:12:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've noticed similar behavior on Mitaka installed from trunk/mitaka/passed-ci.  Appreciate if you could put me in CC.

Additional detail is that during initial deployment, nova services, neutron agents and heat engines are registered with the short hostnames and upon controller node restart, these will all show with state=down.  Probably because hosts files are re-written after the services had been started with FQDN as a first entry.  I do not know to what extent pacemaker resources are monitored, but it could be related to the problem you are reporting.

Cheers,
Ilja