[Rdo-list] RDO Mitaka release announcement

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 16:13:45 UTC 2016

On 03/17/2016 09:19 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Now that Mitaka is in feature freeze, it's time to start putting
> together release announcements for RDO. If you'd like to help with this,
> please have a look at https://www.rdoproject.org/rdo/release-checklist/
> and pitch in.
>
> The members of this community, along with all of the people from the
> upstream community, have made another amazing product, and it's time to
> brag a little.
>
> We'll be working on the release announcement at
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-rdo-release

So, revisiting ...

We have a draft release at the above URL, and we're working with the
CentOS folks to push their version of the announcement at the same time.
We're also working with several news sites to announce there too, and
make a bigger splash than we were able to do with Liberty.

We're tentatively looking at **TUESDAY, APRIL 12,** one week from today,
to do this. If you have any concerns about this date, please speak up
now. We're passing CI right now, so this seems reasonable, right?

Please take a look at what we have drafted, and let me know if you want
to make any changes.

Y'all have worked really hard on this, and it's time to shout about it a
little bit.

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison