[Rdo-list] RDO Trunk repositories (trunk.rdoproject.org) outage

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 14:44:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Alan Pevec <alan.pevec at redhat.com> wrote:
>> We ought to deploy OpsTools in those instances as well. Setting some
>> health checks to be actively notified when something like this happens
>> would be definitely a good thing.
>
> We have[1] but hosted in the same cloud, so it did warn about load
> increasing last night and then died shortly after...
>
> [1] http://uchiwa.monitoring.rdoproject.org/

We may add an availability service check using a public/external
service. I created a quick dashboard using monitor.us that can be
seen:

http://dashboard.monitor.us/sharedPage.jsp?tI=NPhmgeG9dKEIueLBK3oOXQ%253D%253D&uI=mRaNWgo4CUvGviJZEmh0RA%253D%253D

Polling time is 30 mins (min with free plan) and we can configure mail
notification when an outage is found.

It's simple, but it can help.