[Rdo-list] RDO blog roundup,. week of September 28

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 17:02:16 UTC 2015

Here's what RDO enthusiasts have been writing about over the past week.

If you're writing about RDO, or about OpenStack on CentOS, Fedora or
RHEL, and you're not on my list, please let me know!

OpenContrail on the controller side by Sylvain Afchain

In my previous post I explained how packets are forwarded from point to
point within OpenContrail. We saw the tools available to check what are
the routes involved in the forwarding. Last time we focused on the agent
side but now we are going to understand on another key component: the
controller..
... read more at http://tm3.org/2m

Highly available virtual machines in RHEL OpenStack Platform 7 by Steve
Gordon

OpenStack provides scale and redundancy at the infrastructure layer to
provide high availability for applications built for operation in a
horizontally scaling cloud computing environment. It has been designed
for applications that are “designed for failure” and voluntarily
excluded features that would enable traditional enterprise applications,
in fear of limiting its’ scalability and corrupting its initial goals.
These traditional enterprise applications demand continuous operation,
and fast, automatic recovery in the event of an infrastructure level
failure. While an increasing number of enterprises look to OpenStack as
providing the infrastructure platform for their forward-looking
applications they are also looking to simplify operations by
consolidating their legacy application workloads on it as well.
... read more at http://tm3.org/2n

Keystone Unit Tests by Adam Young

Running the Keystone Unit tests takes a long time. To start with a blank
slate, you want to make sure you have the latest from master and a clean
git repository.
... read more at http://tm3.org/2o

Hints and tips from the CERN OpenStack cloud team by Tim Bell

Having reported that EPT has a negative influence on the High Energy
Physics standard benchmark HepSpec06, we have started the deployment of
those settings across the CERN OpenStack cloud,
... read more at http://tm3.org/2p

Ossipee by Adam Young

OpenStack is a big distributed system. FreeIPA is designed for security
in distributed system. In order to develop and test each of them,
separately or together, I need a distributed system. Virtualization has
been a key technology for making this kind of work possible. OpenStack
is great of managing virtualization. Added to that is the benefits found
when one “Fly our own airplanes.” Thus, I am using OpenStack to develop
OpenStack.
... read more at http://tm3.org/2q

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison