[Rdo-list] More transparency in RDO infra/process

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 18:03:11 UTC 2015

I wanted to share a portion of a conversation with folks here, and ask
for some help.

To summarize, it's confusing to people who are not part of the process
(and often for people who are) where all of the pieces of the RDO
process live, what they do, how they talk to one another, and so on.
Because of how RDO has evolved, and interacted with other parties
(Fedora, CentOS, upstream OpenStack, Trystack, and now the rpm-packaging
upstream project, and probably other things I'm forgetting) it can feel,
sometimes, that there's some magic involved.

I'd like to bring more clarity to this with some docs, some diagrams,
and whatever else we need to do, both to bring more transparency to the
process, and to help people who are trying to get involved, find their
way. I could definitely use your help in making that happen.

--Rich