[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager "quickstart"

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 13:51:38 UTC 2015

On 09/18/2015 05:04 PM, Perry Myers wrote:
>>> What is the minimum amount of RAM you need for the undercloud node?
>>>
>>> If 4GB per VM, then a) maybe can be done on a 16GB system, while b)
>>> needs 32GB
>>
>> If we allow for "not very useful" as a stated caveat of the all-in-one,
>> then we could probably get away with
>
> I think we need to more clearly define what "not very useful" means.
>
>>From my limited PoV, useful would be the ability to run 1 or two
> Instances just to try out the system end to end. Those Instances could
> be very very slimmed down Fedora images or even Cirros images.

Yes, that would be my definition of "minimal required usefulness" - run
a couple of instances, and be able to connect to them from "outside".
Not running any actual workloads.

Related, it would be awesome to have, some day, a Trystack-ish service
for experimenting with RDO-Manager. (I know this has been mentioned before.)