[Rdo-list] openstack-rally in delorean

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 15:42:53 UTC 2015

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 16:53, Steve Linabery <slinaber at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I have started investigating packaging rally. One of the problems I'm hitting is something we also hit (and never, afaik, resolved) when packaging openstack-tempest. Upstream does not provide a tarball for rally via launchpad, so building a rally RPM doesn't work quite the same as, say, nova.
>
> In particular, the PKG-INFO file which you get from e.g. nova via launchpad is not present in the rally 0.0.4 tarball you get from github. This causes pbr to complain that it's not being run in a git repo and it can't figure out versioning.
>
> I've worked around this in my poc spec/rpm by patching in a 'dummy' PKG-INFO file (which I cut-n-pasted from nova).

delorean does not run from those tarballs anyway. It runs from tarballs generated from git using python setup.py sdist, and those include proper PKG-INFO.

If you want to have it in RDO, you can just build the tarball yourself and publish it somewhere. Or better, make the project publish correct tarballs on LP or pypi.

Ihar