[Rdo-list] Overcloud features [ Trove Sahara ]

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Tue Oct 27 12:27:54 UTC 2015

Ali,

This is a great topic. I know that you can modify the heat templates so that when the new controller nodes are installed, the first time around, they do have this functionality.

The question is how to do it in an environment already deployed? I would think that you could modify the heat template, bring one controller node down, and redeploy using the updated heat template. This might work but don’t know if this is the proper way of doing it.
Ultimately you would want the new configurations to be part of the heat template, so that if you need a new node of that type, you can use ironic/heat to add nodes to the environment.

Ideas?

__
Ignacio Bravo
LTG Federal, Inc