[Rdo-list] Fwd: [OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Status of RDO

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 14:43:20 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

To get this updated what is required is for someone to walk through the draft install guide [1] vetting each procedure on each target distro and updating the test matrix here:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/LibertyDocTesting

We also need to determine which "known issues" need to be resolved, and document + file bugs for any new ones that pop up (and ideally resolve them). In future as part of the RDO test day I think we should:

a) Broadcast where the correct packages are more widely (e.g. include openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org in the distribution list for the test day). There seems to be a contention that they weren't available or were available but were mixed up with Mitaka packages which was true at a point in time but was quickly resolved (there was an issue with the config files being shipped though).

b) Integrate the install guide test matrix into the test day so that we (the RDO community) can help drive vetting it earlier.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/draft/install-guide-rdo/

> On 10/14/2015 07:49 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > I wanted to be certain that everyone has seen this message to
> > OpenStack-docs, and the subsequent conversation at
> > http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-October/007622.html
> >

> > This is quite serious, as Lana is basically saying that RDO isn't a
> > viable way to deploy OpenStack in Liberty, and so it's being removed
> > from the docs.
> >
> > It would be helpful if someone closer to Liberty packages, and Delorean,
> > could participate there in a constructive way to bring this to a happy
> > conclusion before the release tomorrow.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --Rich

Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform