[Rdo-list] [rdo-manager] [Ceph] Ceph deployment / usage

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Thu Oct 15 12:38:59 UTC 2015

All,

I need to deploy oVirt to put some VMs today and it requires a either
CephFS or GlusterFS as the backends. Ideally, I would chose CephFS so
that oVirt + RDO-Manager can share the same storage resources with Ceph
and not having two distinct storage products.

After the last couple of days, a lot of bug fixes have been done to
RDO-Manager, but I have not yet being able to perform a HA deployment (3
controllers) plus Ceph as the backend.

So my question is can I deploy Ceph as a stand alone product and then
configure RDO-Manager to use this pool without deploying a new Ceph
instance? or shall I deploy everything through RDO-Manager and then
build from there?

Thanks for your insight.
IB

--