[Rdo-list] Software Factory for RDO experiment

Frédéric Lepied frederic.lepied at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 09:31:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

After some discussions, we came up with the idea to have the RDO
project owns its build infrastructure. To play with this idea, we
propose to experiment to use an OpenStack like workflow to build RDO
packages by deploying a Software Factory instance
(http://softwarefactory-project.io) on top of an RDO or RHEL-OSP
cloud. That will allow us to have our own Gerrit, Zuul, Nodepool and
Jenkins instances like in the OpenStack upstream project while adding
our package building specific needs like using the Delorean and
Mock/Koji/Mash machineries.

The objectives from these changes are:

1. to have a full gating CI for RDO to never break the package repository.
2. to be in control of our infrastructure.
3. to simplify the work-flow where we can to make it more efficient and
easier to grasp.

Nothing is set in stone so feel free to comment or ask questions.

Cheers,
--
Fred - May the Source be with you