[Rdo-list] [rdo-manager] instackenv.json

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 21:55:47 UTC 2015

On 10/09/2015 02:43 PM, Mohammed Arafa wrote:
> i seem to have hit this bug where node registration fails silently if
> instackenv.json is badly formatted
>
> thing is i cant seem to decipher where my config file is broken
>

> {
>     "nodes": [
>         {
>            "pm_password": "P at ssw0rd",
>            "pm_type": "pxe_ipmitool",
>            "mac": [
>                   "00:17:a4:77:00:1c"
>            ],
>            "cpu": "2",
>            "memory": "65536",
>            "disk": "900",
>            "arch": "x86_64",
>            "pm_user": "root",
>            "pm_addr": "192.168.11.213"
>     },
>   ]
> }
>

> 1)
> https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/0.9.12.13.1464-4ccd2ca/plexmediaserver-0.9.12.13.1464-4ccd2ca.x86_64.rpm

Do you only have the one node? Because I don't think you want a comma
after the node.

This validates:

{
    "nodes": [
        {
           "pm_password": "P at ssw0rd",
           "pm_type": "pxe_ipmitool",
           "mac": [
                  "00:17:a4:77:00:1c"
           ],
           "cpu": "2",
           "memory": "65536",
           "disk": "900",
           "arch": "x86_64",
           "pm_user": "root",
           "pm_addr": "192.168.11.213"
    }
  ]
}

By the way, when I'm doing OpenStack deployments, these resources help
out a lot with both JSON and YAML validation:

http://jsonlint.com
http://yamllint.com
http://jsontoyaml.com
http://yamltojson.com

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack