[Rdo-list] RDO Manager: Missing openstack-ironic-python-agent

Mohammed Arafa mohammed.arafa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:04:32 UTC 2015

John
thanks for the tip.
thing is i am subscribed to this mailing list. so i was able to search for
it here. but google didnt.

will this make it into the documentation?

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:16 AM, John Trowbridge <trown at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > After deploying the undercloud following the upstream documentation on a
> Centos 7 machine, the process of building the images fails by not finding
> the package openstack-ironic-python-agent. Let me show you:
> >
> > [stack at bl16 ~]$ openstack overcloud image build --type agent-ramdisk
> >
> > … some time later ….
> >
> > Running install-packages install. Package list:
> openstack-ironic-python-agent
> > Config time: 0.009
> > Yum version: 3.4.3
> > rpmdb time: 0.000
> > Setting up Package Sacks
> >  * base: mirrors.advancedhosters.com
> >  * epel: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
> >  * extras: mirrors.advancedhosters.com
> >  * updates: centos.mbni.med.umich.edu
> > pkgsack time: 14.092
> > Checking for virtual provide or file-provide for
> openstack-ironic-python-agent
> > No package openstack-ironic-python-agent available.
> > Error: Nothing to do
> >
> > Yet this package does exist in the current delorean repo:
> >
> > [stack at bl16 ~]$ sudo yum list openstack-ironic-python-agent
> > Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> >  * base: centos.mbni.med.umich.edu
> >  * epel: mirror.symnds.com
> >  * extras: mirror.vcu.edu
> >  * updates: mirror.symnds.com
> > 482 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> > Installed Packages
> > openstack-ironic-python-agent.noarch
>                 0.1.0-dev770.el7.centos
>                  @delorean
> >
> > I tried to debug the code a bit, and I believe the issue might be caused
> by
> https://github.com/rdo-management/python-rdomanager-oscplugin/blob/646028f82eeaec9111c6a50ca2e57d3b14f811ba/rdomanager_oscplugin/v1/overcloud_image.py
> <
> https://github.com/rdo-management/python-rdomanager-oscplugin/blob/646028f82eeaec9111c6a50ca2e57d3b14f811ba/rdomanager_oscplugin/v1/overcloud_image.py>
> that is using the Kilo repository for building the images instead of the
> Liberty that is deployed in the undercloud.
> >
> > Indeed, the kilo repository at
> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/kilo/centos7/current-passed-ci/ <
> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/kilo/centos7/current-passed-ci/> don’t have
> any of the openstack-ironic-* packages, which they do exist in
> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/liberty/centos7/current-passed-ci/ <
> http://trunk.rdoproject.org/liberty/centos7/current-passed-ci/>
> >
> > Does this make sense?
>
> I think this may be a documentation issue. I have been using
>
> `export DIB_YUM_REPO_CONF="/etc/yum.repos.d/delorean.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-current.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps.repo"`
>
> before building images. I see that is missing from the docs though.
>
> The other bit is that all of the code hosted on the rdo-management
> github has moved to openstack. So
> rdo-management/python-rdomanager-oscplugin ->
> openstack/python-tripleoclient.
>
> Thanks for sticking with it. By way, the inspection will not work until

<https://candidate.peoplecert.org/ReportsLink.aspx?argType=1&id=13D642E995903C076FA394F816CC136539DBA6A32D7305539E4219F5A650358C02CA2ED9F1F26319&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1>

*805010942448935*
<https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=805010942448935&verify=Verify>

*GR750055912MA*