[Rdo-list] Migrating from MySQL-python to PyMySQL

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 1 16:55:32 UTC 2015

> WAT? Are they API compatible? I don’t believe so. So providing the old package is neat but actually wrong. Or am I missing something?
>
> Ihar

Ok, the same people are maintaining two drivers:
* mysqlclient (which is what is currently packaged) and is a drop-in
replacement to MySQL-python
* pymysql which is API compatible but not a drop-in replacement (which
is named after the project hence the confusion)

I think that oslo.db should come with some drivers pre-installed and
it should be mysqlclient that comes by default not to break upgrades.
Then, installers should handle that.

Regards,
H,