[Rdo-list] Possible bug? Horizon/Floating IPs

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Nov 24 00:10:45 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply!  I think we may be talking about two different
things however...  I'm not looking to release the IP back to the public
pool, I'm just looking to disassociate from a deleted VM when the
instance is terminated.  After I terminate the instance, it still shows
as stuck to the deleted instance, which is kind of pointless.

After I disassociate the floating IP via 'neutron
floatingip-disassociate', it releases the IP back to my own allocated IP
list, so I most definitely can re-use that IP for another instance
easily.  I agree that if I unallocated it with 'neutron
floatingip-delete', then I may not get it back, but with 'neutron
floatingip-disassociate' I still own it as a user of a project.

Just checking if the decision was made to stop dissociating the floating
IPs upon instance termination after Icehouse, or if it was overlooked in
Kilo?

Thanks for the reply!

cheers,
erich