[Rdo-list] [RDO-Manager] deploy

Mikyung Kang mkkang at isi.edu
Tue Nov 17 20:32:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm trying RDO-manager:Liberty version on CentOS7.1.
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_cli.html

After adding /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default [Using IPA] as follows, up to introspection step, it's OK (error=None, finished=True).

[root at test tftpboot]# cat  pxelinux.cfg/default (10.0.1.6 = undercloud IP)
default introspect
label introspect
kernel agent.kernel
append initrd=agent.ramdisk ipa-inspection-callback-url=http://10.0.1.6:5050/v1/continue systemd.journald.forward_to_console=yes
ipappend 3

But, when deploying 1 controller and 1 compute, those systems couldn't be booted from right deploy images.

I can see two instances are spawned (1 controller-node instance and 1 compute-node instance) based on the default heat template. Then, the provisioning state is changed from available to deploying. On this deploying step, I can see deploy images/config are put to each instance's UUID directory @/httpboot/ directory. And then, the provisioning state is changed from [deploying] to [wait call-back]. Even though ipmitool turns on the system, those systems can't find deploy images.

Actually, I have another dhcp server @other machine. It includes RDO testbeds' MAC and IP. So, I setup RDO testbeds' next-server as RDO undercloud IP @dhcpd.conf. Then, overcloud nodes could boot from agent.kernel/ramdisk from undercloud:/tftpboot properly. But, I don't know how overcloud nodes can get deploy/overcloud images.

If above pxelinux.cfg/default is put as-is @undercloud, agent kernel/ramdisk is loaded again, not from deploy image. Then deploying step can't be proceeded further and then goes to timeout error. If that default file is removed, system is unable to locate tftp configuration. How can I make controller/compute boot from right deploy images? Should I setup something for the httpboot/ipxe?

Thanks,
Mikyung