[Rdo-list] Trying to install the RDO

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Sun Nov 15 14:16:12 UTC 2015

Hassan,

I'm also deploying on HP hardware. This is the basic summary of how the deployment works:

You install the undercloud in a stand alone machine. This can be either physical or virtual. I went first the physical route and ended with a virtual machine as the undercloud just need to have a big HDD space to store the images.

You add to the undercloud all the credentials for the ILO servers in the json file that you will be using in the overcloud. User, password, IP and MAC address of the iLO network. I usually leave the values for Ram and hdd in that file un modified and these values are stored in ironic when you upload the json file.

Through the process of introspection, the undercloud will use these credentials to get the details of each overcloud node: HDD space, RAM, number of NIC cards, etc. and will update these values in ironic. You can use ironic node-list to see the details.

Then you will need to modify a couple of yaml files to accommodate to your particular deployment. Most likely the one related to network.

The it is just a OpenStack deploy command away to getting the best OpenStack installation possible!

Enjoy.
IB