[Rdo-list] RDO blogs roundup, week of November 9

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 19:30:45 UTC 2015

Here's what RDO enthusiasts were blogging about this week. If you were
at OpenStack Summit in Tokyo last month, don't forget to write up your
experience.

RDO Liberty released in CentOS Cloud SIG, by Alan Pevec

    We are pleased to announce the general availability of the RDO
build for OpenStack Liberty for CentOS Linux 7 x86_64, suitable for
building private, public and hybrid clouds. OpenStack Liberty is the
12th release of the open source software collaboratively built by a
large number of contributors around the OpenStack.org project space.

… read more at http://tm3.org/3d

Neutron HA Talk in Tokyo Summit by Assaf Muller

    Florian Haas, Adam Spiers and myself presented a session in Tokyo
about Neutron high availability. We talked about:

… read more at http://tm3.org/3s

OpenStack Summit Tokyo by Matthias Runge

    Over the past week, I attended the OpenStack Summit in Tokyo. My
primary focus was on Horizon sessions. Nevertheless, I was lucky to
have one or two glimpses at more touristic spots in Tokyo.

… read more at http://tm3.org/3t

OpenStack Summit Tokyo – Final Summary by Gordon Tillmore

    As I flew home from OpenStack Summit Tokyo last week, I had plenty
of time to reflect on what proved to be a truly special event.
OpenStack gains more and more traction and maturity with each
community release and corresponding Summit, and the 11th semi-annual
OpenStack Summit certainly did not disappoint. With more than 5,000
attendees, it was the largest ever OpenStack Summit outside of North
America, and there were so many high quality keynotes, session, and
industry announcements, I thought it made sense to put together a
final trip overview, detailing all of the noteworthy news, Red Hat
press releases, and more.

… read more at http://tm3.org/3u

Community Meetup at OpenStack Tokyo by Rich Bowen

    A week ago in Tokyo, we held the third RDO Community Meetup at the
OpenStack Summit. We had about 70 people in attendance, and some good
discussion. The full agenda for the meeting is at
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rdo-tokyo and below are some of the
things that were discussed. (The complete recording is at the bottom
of this post.)

… read more at http://tm3.org/3v

Mike Perez: Cinder in Liberty by Rich Bowen

    Before OpenStack Summit, I interviewed Mike Perez about what's new
in Cinder in the LIberty release, and what's coming in Mitaka.
Unfortunately, life got a little busy and I didn't get it posted
before Summit. However, with Liberty still fresh, this is still very
timely content.

… read more at http://tm3.org/3w

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison