[Rdo-list] Cinder multi-backend (NetApp)

Marius Cornea mcornea at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 16:53:03 UTC 2015

Hi Alessandro,

Here are the steps for configuring Netapp as Cinder backend:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/cinder_netapp.html

For deploying it together with Ceph I'd use the same steps for /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/puppet-ceph-external.yaml and then deploy the overcloud by passing both the cinder-netapp-config.yaml and puppet-ceph-external.yaml environment files:

openstack overcloud deploy --templates -e ~/cinder-netapp-config.yaml -e ~/puppet-ceph-external.yaml

I haven't tried this scenario myself but it would be great to get some feedback on it.

Thanks,
Marius