[Rdo-list] Packaging the big tent (or at least part of it)

Matthew Miller mattdm at redhat.com
Thu May 28 22:27:36 UTC 2015

Perry Myers" <pmyers at redhat.com>
> Ideally if we could somehow continue to use dist-git and other Fedora
> infrastructure for some things, but not publish the OpenStack packages
> directly in Fedora official release, that would be ideal.

I think this is ideal too, and now's a good time to hit us with it --
I'll make sure we talk about it at next week's FAD.

> So... Can we use Fedora but somehow just not include the OpenStack core
> packages in Fedora proper?
>
> Matt, what are your thoughts?

One possibility would be to latch on to the in-progress* work to
develop a dist-git for Copr https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4564
and then use Copr for this. I think, though, that we really could benefit
from having branches in dist-git other than the fedora and epel versions — SCLs
could use this as well.

* but stalled. *sigh*

--
Matthew Miller