[Rdo-list] [meeting] RDO packaging meeting minutes (2015-05-13)

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:15:05 UTC 2015

> I filed bug report 145818 on Cinder, it looks like some of the 1.2.0 changes will have to be backported to 1.1.X.
> The last Cinderclient tag came in September 2014, it's like Kilo didn't exist for Cinderclient.

Yeah, OpenStack releases make whooshing noise as they go by.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1454818 got resolved so
upstream: marked Invalid, "use pip"...
I've added comment, but it's not just cinderclient, heatclient is in
the same situation: https://review.openstack.org/182672

> The 1.1.1 version is actually Juno, not sure if there is room for a Kilo release stream in the numbering plan.

There is, 1.1.X tags/releases could be pushed to stable/kilo branch,
there isn't stable/juno for cinderclient.
This should be discussed at design summit:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/062953.html
so we'll see what will come out of that.

Cheers,
Alan