[Rdo-list] [Rdo-newsletter] RDO Community Newsletter - April 2015

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:58:11 UTC 2015

> On https://www.rdoproject.org/RDO_test_day_Kilo#How_To_Test:
> # you are ready , its the time to configure tempest.conf
>
> How do I have to configure tempest and how do I have to call tempest to
> verify that my test environment is working like expected? At the moment I
> cannot find further documentation about this step.
>
> Is it sufficient to run manual tests? E.g. at the moment I installed
> "All-in-One, Glance=localfs, Cinder=lvm". Is it sufficient to
> upload/download images and to create/delete volumes to verify that the
> environment is working like expected?

I'm in the same boat, so I'd like to ask QE/Tempest experts to provide
more information on the wiki. Here are my observation after quickly
poking at it:
- setting up venv is not needed with openstack-tempest RPM
- RPM includes config_tempest script to generate tempest.conf by
examining your cloud's service catalog. I managed to invoke it as a
non-root user:

 cd /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo
 source keystonerc_admin # from packstack --allinone
 tools/config_tempest.py --debug  --out /tmp/tempest.conf identity.uri
$OS_AUTH_URL identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD --create

... and then it fails with  Permission denied:
'etc/cirros-0.3.1-x86_64-disk.img'
Looks like it wants root but I don't like that.

Cheers,
Alan