[Rdo-list] [Rdo-newsletter] RDO Community Newsletter - April 2015
rbowen at redhat.com
Fri May 1 17:45:38 UTC 2015
Thanks for being part of the RDO community!
* Quick Start - http://rdoproject.org/quickstart
* Mailing Lists - http://rdoproject.org/Mailing_lists
* RDO packages -
* RDO blog - http://rdoproject.org/blog
* Q&A - http://ask.openstack.org/
RDO Test Day
With Kilo out (more on this below), we need help testing, so that
we can make RDO as solid as possible.
We will be holding the Kilo RDO test day on May 5th and 6th, and would
greatly appreciate your help in this. We'll be coordinating on #rdo on
the Freenode IRC network, and on the rdo-list mailing list -
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list - for any questions
you may have.
Details about the test day are developing in the wiki, at
https://www.rdoproject.org/RDO_test_day_Kilo Test cases and
documentation will be appearing there over the coming few days.
Please help us by setting aside an hour or two to help test a scenario
or two, to solidify the RDO release. Thanks!
We're just days away from the OpenStack Summit and OpenStack Liberty
Design Summit. We'll be in Booth H4, under the big RDO sign. Drop by
and get your free RDO tshirt. We'll also have demos of RDO-manager -
https://www.rdoproject.org/RDO-Manager - and the downstream Red Hat
OpenStack Platform product.
We're also hoping to have an RDO meetup (details pending), where we'll
discuss the direction of RDO, and how you can get more involved. The
agenda for that meeting is available at
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/RDO_Vancouver for you to add your
ideas and register your interest.
OpenStack Summit is where the direction of the next major release of
OpenStack, codenamed Liberty, will be discussed. Thousands of
OpenStack developers and operators will be gathering in Vancouver, and
you can still be part of that if you register now at
OpenStack Kilo Released
The latest major release of OpenStack, codenamed Kilo, dropped on
April 30th, and is pretty impressive.
For the full scoop, see the release notes at
* Erasure code storage policy type in Swift -
* Support for theming in the Horizon dashboard -
* Added support for OpenID Connect as a federated identity provider in
* Gnocci dispatch support for ceilometer-collector -
* New http://docs.openstack.org/ landing page and the first release of
the new Networking Guide -
... And so much more. We'll be blogging about various of these
features in the coming weeks on the RDO blog
(http://rdoproject.org/blog) and on RedHatStack
http://redhatstackblog.redhat.com/ so stay tuned.
Technical Committee Elections
Congratulations to everyone elected in the recent TC election.
for the full results.) In particular, a big shout out to Flavio
Percoco, who is a prominent member of the RDO community, and a big
contributor to the Zaqar project. We look forward to your leadership
in this critical part of OpenStack governance.
Flavio blogs frequently about OpenStack at http://blog.flaper87.org/
Keep in touch
There's lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going in in the
RDO community. The best ways are ...
* RDO - http://rdoproject.org/
* OpenStack Q&A - http://ask.openstack.org/
* rdo-list mailing list -
* This newsletter -
* IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net
* Puppet module development - #rdo-puppet
* Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/rdocommunity
* Google+ - http://tm3.org/rdogplus
* Facebook - http://facebook.com/rdocommunity
Thanks again for being part of the RDO community!
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
Rdo-newsletter mailing list
Rdo-newsletter at redhat.com
More information about the dev