[Rdo-list] FW: RDO build that passed CI (rc2)

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Fri May 1 00:35:17 UTC 2015

I made a fresh install of CentOS 7.0 mini with cobbler again w/o yum update
and got after the first run:

ERROR : Error appeared during Puppet run: 20.0.0.11_ceilometer.pp

Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install
openstack-ceilometer-notification' returned :

You will find full trace in log
/var/tmp/packstack/20150430-193045-vAhnyX/manifests/212.224.122.82_ceilometer.pp.log

This was an issue with Juno too.

Disabled Ceilometer with:

sed -i 's/CONFIG_CEILOMETER_INSTALL=y/CONFIG_CEILOMETER_INSTALL=n/g'
packstack-aio

ran packstack again and it was successful

 **** Installation completed successfully ******

Dashboard works on AIO, but spawning a cirros instance as a demo user in
dashboard gives:

*Error: *Failed to perform requested operation on instance "cirros1", the
instance has an error status: Please try again later [Error: No valid host
was found. There are not enough hosts available.].

And in fact the compute_nodes table is empty:

MariaDB [nova]> select * from compute_nodes;

*Empty set (0.00 sec)*

The warning that is shown about the NetworkManager after installation was
already with Juno and as I remember it could be ignored for AIO.

But for for our records I did:

[root at localhost ~]# yum update -y

[root at localhost ~]# systemctl stop NetworkManager.service

[root at localhost ~]# systemctl disable NetworkManager.service

[root at localhost ~]# packstack --answer-file=packstak-aio

 **** Installation completed successfully ******

Tried to spawn cirros2 instance again and got the same result as above.