[Rdo-list] Glance Active/active and the data store

Chris contact at progbau.de
Mon Mar 30 07:25:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

We are in the middle of scaling out our OpenStack management services like
nova, keystone etc. We do it with haproxy with two active/active servers
(mgmt1 & mgmt2) which are hosting the API endpoints.

Now the question regarding glance, at the moment we have a full glance
installation on mgmt1 with the data store on the local file system. What is
the best approach to scale out glance without having doubled images?

Cheers

Chris