[Rdo-list] Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv?

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 22:43:11 UTC 2015

On 03/04/2015 06:03 AM, Kaul, Yaniv wrote:
> When I'm installing DevStack, it performs the following:
> WHAAAAT?

Just a few things to loop back on this ... As mentioned devstack is
maintained separately.  It doesn't matter, we all read a lot of lists,
but best thing to do is to file a bug in launchpad [1] and it's always
helpful to attach the full log of the run there (there's so much
output and dependencies it's the best reference).

Attila jumped on your original issue in [2] and I think that should
fix it.  There are some comments in there on the situation.  This has
brought up a good point that we should do a bit of a spring-clean on
the dependencies; keep an eye on [3] and we can see what we can do.

Thanks

-i

[1] https://launchpad.net/devstack
[2] https://review.openstack.org/161161