[Rdo-list] Openstack puppet modules changes

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 09:23:08 UTC 2015

On 22 Jun, Alan Pevec wrote:
> I'd keep openstack-puppet-modules as a meta-package indefinitely, to
> keep the same backward compatible out-of-the-box experience.
>
> I'm not clear did you mean to introduce new top-level packages i.e.
> SRPM per puppet module?
> If so, I'm not sure what's the benefit vs keeping single
> openstack-puppet-modules SRPM with subpackage per puppet module and
> multiple sources?

This is perfectly fine for me, on the last meetings I was led to believe
that having multiple sources in a single package was an anomaly in
packaging policy and needed to be fixed. If that is not the case, I
certainly prefer your solution. We wouldn't have started putting more
thoughts on the package split in a long time anyway. We have only split
the sources.
Right now, however, I'm more concerned about the transition. What should
be the best way to be able to test the new workflow, without dropping
the old until the new has reached maturity ?