[Rdo-list] Openstack puppet modules changes

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 19:32:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

as some of you may know, we're changing the way we handle puppet modules
repositories in rdo. The main differences will be:

- Introduction of a testing workflow to automate repo updates on new
  changes coming from upstream projects
- Splitting the package sources using one source per project (and one
  package per project in the future)

We now have a set of repositories in github, and a working, yet
unstable, workflow, that is starting to automatically sync them from
upstream changes.

We'll need to get some feedback from packaging on how we'll want to
handle the transition, until the new workflow will be considered stable
and we'll drop the single opm repo in github.

I think it should be better to create a temporary package, with a
modified spec, to let us test the resulting package from the new
workflow without touching the existing, and then switch the spec and
drop the old package, when we'll be sure that everything is working
properly.

Do you think it's possible ? We'll probably need to test some
installation too so packages that depends on current package should not
complain if the new package is installed instead.

thanks for any feedback.

--
Gabriele Cerami
Openstack CI Team - Red Hat