[Rdo-list] VM instance will not start

Brent Eagles beagles at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 18:20:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:59:01PM -0500, brian lee wrote:
> Thanks for the follow up. I think I am getting it. When you say multi host,
> you are refereing to the setting in nova.conf multi_host, correct?
>
> If I want the traffic to be routed through the controller, I should set
> that to false, and not install the nova-network on the compute hosts.
>
> --Brian

Yes, that's right. An additional caveat: any networks that have already
been created have a field in the database that indicates that it is for
multi-host and IIRC won't work any more. You can try logging into the
database and tweaking the appropriate field to N (or whatever
constitutes false in that case). Alternatively, you have to redeploy.
Yeah.. changing network configs in nova-network can be a pain.

Cheers,

Brent