[Rdo-list] RDO Manager & OPNFV Demo

Dan Radez dradez at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 17:51:31 UTC 2015

We gave a preso to the OPNFV testing project Octopus today to explain
making a move to using RDO manager as the installation base for one of
the installation options in OPNFV. Much of the preso is explaining the
OOO paradigm for installation to the group.

Within the OPNFV community it's being called project Apex. It's an
effort to move from the foreman based installation that was released in
Release 1 named Arno to RDO manager for Release 2 named Brahmaputra.

For the B release later this year we plan to have made the switch to RDO
Manager and have OpenDaylight Lithium integrated into the installation.

Here's a link to the demo we gave today for those that are interested in
seeing where we are in the process.
https://bluejeans.com/s/8o1U/

If you just want a quick summary there are two main points.
1. We have ODL working and are working on generating a patch to send up
stream for the RDO community to review.

2. We are wrapping up much of the installation process into a set of
OPNFV's build and deployment requirments. These requirements are to
automate testing the ODL integration and to pre build as much as
possible. We plan to package up as much of the images as possible during
build time.

If you have questions contact Tim or me and we're happy to chat about it.

Dan Radez
freenode: radez

Tim Rozet:
freenode: trozet