[Rdo-list] Manila configuration Kilo

Charles Short cems at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 13:41:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have installed the latest RDO Kilo release with two compute nodes and
one controller.  This all works.

I have an external NFS Linux server that currently provides NFS for Cinder.

I want to provide another NFS export from the same server directly to an
instance with Manila. I can't seem to find any guidance on how to
configure a backend in the manila.conf file for this purpose. I need to
know how I configure the export server ip, path etc. The only example I
can find online is how to configure a backend for NetApp.

http://netapp.github.io/openstack-deploy-ops-guide/kilo/content/manila.examples.manila_conf.single_svm.html

I need a backend for a generic Linux NFS server

Thanks