[Rdo-list] error with dependencies

Vedsar Kushwaha vedsarkushwaha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:24:39 UTC 2015

Thank you for quick response.

after disabling IPV6, error is still there. I disabled IPV6 by

vi /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

The complete error is:

Adding post install manifest entries                 [ DONE ]
Installing Dependencies                           [ ERROR ]

ERROR : Failed to run remote script, stdout: Loaded plugins: fastestmirror,
langpacks, priorities
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
14: curl#7 - "Failed to connect to 2a02:2498:1:3d:5054:ff:fed3:e91a:
Network is unreachable"

stderr: Warning: Permanently added '10.0.2.15' (ECDSA) to the list of known
hosts.
+ trap t ERR
+ yum install -y puppet hiera openssh-clients tar nc rubygem-json

 One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
 and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
 safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will
then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or
use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be
much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a
nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save
--setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64
++ t
++ exit 1

I'm behind a proxy as well. But when I execute
yum install -y puppet hiera openssh-clients tar nc rubygem-json,
it completes successfully.

when I do,
wget http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
it download a html page index.html?release=7.2, that contains

Test mode - must specify ip/cc, arch and repo as parameters

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Patrick Laimbock <patrick at laimbock.com>
wrote:

> On 01/24/2015 10:54 PM, Marius Cornea wrote:
>
>> Hi Vedsar,
>>
>> Try disabling IPv6 if not using it, it appears that you're trying to
>> acess the repo by its IPv6 address.
>>

> mirrorlist.centos.org has an IPv6 address so should work:
>
> mirrorlist.centos.org.  216     IN      AAAA
> 2a02:2498:1:3d:5054:ff:fed3:e91a
>
> I have seen package installs fail sometimes too so I now use a local
> mirror. Try running packstack again or failing that you can also install
> those packages manually and then rerun packstack (with the same answer
> file).
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick

Vedsar Kushwaha