[Rdo-list] Unsubscribe requests

Daniel L. Needles dneedles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:32:52 UTC 2015

And 100 emails later, it is clear that the majority of folks "perceive" they
forcibly subscribed to this list..

>>I don't really agree. Red Hat is not at _fault_. It's a community mailing
list, and why would a
>>fair-playing community open source project want to mass-subscribe people
those who didn't intend to?

So you want to be a Wall-Mart, the low price leader - not Nordstrom's? The
customer relationship is not one transaction. When I recommend systems to my
fortune 500 clients, government agencies, and military projects what will
stick in my mind is the 100 emails and Red Hat doesn't give a crap what I
want only what it can get away with in this case.

This didn't work so well for Toyota when they doubled production and breaks
stuck and they also said - not our fault, not happening. And it didn't work
too well for Starbucks when they stuck their coffee in gas stations.  Redhat
went from A to B in my book. HP, SUSE and other OpenStack solutions are
feeling better at this point.

I guess I will burn time, jump through your hoops, to correct your mistake,
if it was a mistake. Good luck with the "screw you customer" strategy. That
won't work in the USA. We tend to be brand loyal except when loyalty isn't
returned.

Thanks,
DANIEL L. NEEDLES
Principal Consultant