[Rdo-list] Juno EPEL packages

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 15:18:30 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 12:07 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 01/12/2015 03:44 AM, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> We have a lot of interest in the Juno for el6 packages at CERN.
>>
>> It would be great if you can share the patches and we can work together
>> to build it in a central way.
>>
>> What is your approach in the current patchset ? rebuild python 2.7 or
>> patch openstack to work with python 2.6 ?
>>
>> I am working as well with the CentOS team. I am part of the team that
>> maintain the build system
>> (http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem). RDO started to
>> rebuild their packages with this system for the cloud SIG effort
>> (http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Cloud). I'll let Rich or
>> someone more involved in the cloud sig to comment on this effort as I
>> have not all latest details/plan.
>

> It's really great to have you all step up to do this, and we want to
> help in any way we can getting you started.
>
> The packaging docs are at https://openstack.redhat.com/packaging/ and
> hopefully that's enough to get started, but we acknowledge that it's a
> work in progress and needs help.
>
> If there's anything you need, or anyone's attention you're having
> trouble getting, please ping me and I'll be glad to help make things
> happen.
>
> Will you be at FOSDEM?

Hey, David, Thomas, et al,

I wonder if you've had any chance to look at this, and whether you need
anything to get started. As you may have seen, we're having a weekly
Cloud SIG meeting on #centos-devel (on Freenode) every Thursday at 15:00
UTC, and there's also a bi-weekly RDO packaging meeting, every other
Wednesday, also at 15:00 UTC, on #rdo.

If there's anything we can do to help you, please let us know

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/