[Rdo-list] RDO at the CentOS Dojo in Brussels, pre-FOSDEM

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 15:12:05 UTC 2015

In case you're not on the various CentOS mailing lists:

If you're coming to FOSDEM in a few weeks, you should make time to come
to the CentOS Dojo on Friday, where there will be, among other great
content, the following:

OpenStack Quickstart with RDO on CentOS :: Haïkel Guemar

CentOS Linux 7 is a great platform for running OpenStack and in this two
hour session we will introduce the basics of OpenStack and run through a
demo of installing !RDO ( http://openstack.redhat.com ) on CentOS Linux
7. The session will run in a tutorial format, so everyone with a laptop
in the audience will be able to join and implement their own OpenStack
in a VM. The focus will be on ensuring everyone has a basic setup, to
include:

Nova : The OpenStack Compute platform
Glance : The OpenStack image delivery service
Keystone : The OpenStack identity and authentication service
Horizon : The OpenStack Web based management interface
We will finish the session with a 15 min speaker session on how to get
involved with RDO development, packaging and testing and what the CentOS
Cloud SIG is doing in this area.

In order to run the tutorial on your machine, we recommend a VM on your
laptop that has 20GB+ of disk space, 2GB of ram and atleast 1 dedicated
cpu core. If your laptop has the ability to run nested-virt, please
enable that and use it. It will make a large difference to performance
of the overall setup. We would also like to request everyone to setup
these VMs ahead of time, in either KVM or Xen or any other
virtualisation technology you might use. A basic CentOS-7 minimal
install is sufficient to start from.

More details about the CentOS Dojo may be found at
http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Brussels2015

We hope to see you there!

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison