[Rdo-list] networking issues on JUNO redhead openstack.

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Sat Jan 10 00:07:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:58:03PM +0000, Ns, Rushi wrote:
> Ok I did the folowing steps for tenant.
>
> 1)   neutron net-create demo-net
>  2)  neutron subnet-create demo-net --name demo-subnet --gateway 10.48.146.1 10.48.146.0/24
>  3)  neutron router-create demo-router
>  4)  neutron router-interface-add demo-router demo-subnet
>
> Anything left .?

Usually, in a developer setup, I do the below once I have Neutron
installed

  - Create a new private network
  - Create a new private subnet (on the above private network)
  - Create a router
  - Associate the router to an existing external network by setting it
    as its gateway
  - Associate the private network interface to the router
  - Add Neutron security group rules for ICMP and SSH

Maybe this notes which talks about creating repeated Neutron tenant
networks might have clues

    http://kashyapc.com/2013/12/13/script-to-create-neutron-tenant-networks/

PS: Please do not top post on technical lists - it really makes the
discussoin hard to follow.

--
/kashyap